What is it?
Key Features• Learn farming by actually practising it
• Food gyan by Rujuta and her team
• Heritage meals and recipes
• Special focus on introducing kids to farms and real food
• Also get fresh, natural produce from what you grow yourself.
• Contribute to the local farmers by buying their produce directly from them
• Participate in community initiatives like tree plantations, pre school meals, etc.
Who can join?Everyone. As long as you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. Especially recommended for families with young children, students and outdoor enthusiasts.
Fresh, natural food
Cost for SCFP(to be paid in full)
|Cost (in ₹) before 6th Jan 2019||Cost (in ₹) after 6th Jan 2019|
|Two adults signing up together||44,000||54,000|
|Children below 12||Free||Free|
|Children (12 -18 years)||12,000||16,000|
|Nutrition/ medical students||12,000||16,000|
A picture postcard village, easily accessible from Mumbai, surrounded by forested hills and dotted with green rice fields. The indigenous tribal population lives in complete harmony with its surroundings. Rujuta’s family has been farming here for the last 4 generations.
30 km outside Mumbai on the Mumbai - Ahmedabad highway, we take a left at Varai Naka and drive a further 11 km to reach Sonave village.
Google map route - Here
AppendixHighlights from SCFP 2018
1) Plucked Cabbages
2) Understood about Bors (neglected & under utilized specie)
|Beetroot, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Drumsticks, Palak, Ridge gourd (shiralu), Lemon grass, Tej pata (bay leaf)|
1) Extracted sunflower seeds
2) Harvested black til
3) Harvested beetroot
|Round doodhi, Pumpkin, Drumstick, Methi leaves, Beetroot, Long doodhi, Sunflower seeds, Rye, Sabja seeds, Vaal.|
1) Plucked Onions
2) Hand pounded rice from our fields
|Onions (red and white), Hand pounded rice, Sunflower seeds, Onion seeds, Banana and Groundnuts|
1) Harvested roots of walla
2) Sowed Bhindi and desi white corn seeds
3) Cold pressed Til oil (sesame) & Ground nut oil (kacchi ghani) from the field
|Groundnut oil in steel containers, Til oil in glass bottles, Ground nuts, Kesar Mangoes, Adulsa leaves, Karvanda, Khus leaves and Walla (Khus roots)|
1) Plucked the rice saplings
2) Transplanted rice
|Ambadi, Kadi Patta, Tez Patta, Banana flower and Banana|
1) Planted Tur and Vaal(Pulses)
2) Planted Bel and other Ayurvedic trees along the boundary
|Dudhi, Galka, Ambadi, Kari patta and Laal maath (Red leafy vegetable)|